If you have been charged with driving while intoxicated in Wall NJ, the attorneys at our firm, the Law Offices of Jonathan F. Marshall, have the skills you need to insure that you have the best opportunity for success in defending your case. We not only have the largest DWI defense team in Monmouth County but the entire state. It also should be noted that we have over 100 years of combined experience defending charges in Wall and are former prosecutors in 25 plus municipalities in the area. As if these qualification were not enough, consider the following:
- We are the only firm in NJ with five (5) attorneys who are certified on the Alcotest Breath Test Machine (we cannot identify another office in the county with anything more than 1 individual who is Alcotest certified);
- We employ 3 of the 5 lawyers in the state who are certified instructors in Standardized Field Sobriety Tests, which is the only other basis for proving a DWI if the breathalyzer readings are eliminated;
- Five of the approximately 15 defense lawyer who are certified in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing are members of our firm;
- We are the only firm with their own Alcotest instrument that is the one used in NJ (there is only one other office with the machine but it is not the same version).
- The head of our firm, Jonathan F. Marshall, has served as prosecutor in Wall Township.
Our credentials are certainly exceptional because we take defending DWI charges in Wall Township and elsewhere, very seriously.
Whether your Wall DWI charge is a first offense, second offense or third offense, our experience and skill can help reduce and/or eliminate the negative consequences of a conviction. The penalties for a first offense include a mandatory license suspension of 3 months for a BAC case of .08% to .099% and 7 to 10 months for a BAC of .10% or higher, fines and assessments of approximately $800 to $1,000, a state surcharge of $1,000 a year for three years, installation of an ignition interlock for readings above .15%, and the possibility of up to 30 days in jail.
A second offense triggers similar financial ramifications with the addition of a mandatory license suspension of two years and jail time of two to ninety days. A third offense carries a license revocation of 10 years and jail of 180 days. While these penalties are significant, you should know that our highly qualified driving while intoxicated defense attorneys are successful in avoiding conviction in a much higher percentage of the cases than most would anticipate.
We would like to put our skills to work for you. Give us a call to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers. You are also encourage to contact us to review the facts of your case with an attorney experienced in defending cases in Wall.